I'm now selling my photos!!!

I now host galleries of my favorite photos @ www.lloydshell.zenfolio.com Feel free to surf over there to see photo's that may have drifted into the darkest reaches of the archives here on Blogspot.

I also have begun selling my photographs when requested, I can handle most sizes and finishes either locally or via my on-line printing service.

Thanks for looking!

Lloyd
lloydshell@gmail.com

Thursday, March 11, 2010

I Just Love Sunrises

I just LOVE Sunrises of course some are more exotic than others, this morning was less than exotic but still beautiful in it's own way.

As those of you who have been following my blog know I recently bought a telephoto lens, which is not my usual type of lens for landscapes. That said, I have been using it for landscape work and it has been performing well for me.

On my way to work today I stopped to take a few shots of the impending sunrise and a shot of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple from a familiar vantage point but during the day not at night.

This peak is the aptly named "Storm Mountain", at least that is what I always have heard it called since I was a kid.



I loved the contrast of the flag against the snowy mountain, I had to flip it horizontally though to get the flag in the correct orientation. Still thinking of a square crop and then add the vignette but not sure if it would be hokey or not.

Dawn's first light.


1 comment:

Frieda Loves Bread said...

You know I'm NEVER up early enough to catch a sunrise...thanks for sharing these fabulous photos!