I'm now selling my photos!!!

I now host galleries of my favorite photos @ www.lloydshell.zenfolio.com Feel free to surf over there to see photo's that may have drifted into the darkest reaches of the archives here on Blogspot.

I also have begun selling my photographs when requested, I can handle most sizes and finishes either locally or via my on-line printing service.

Thanks for looking!

Lloyd
lloydshell@gmail.com

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Cathedral of the Madeline

Alrighty, after Temple Square I headed to The Cathedral of the Madeline, which celebrated it's 100 year birthday/building day.... whatever. I had e-mailed ahead and found out that it is open at 9:00 after morning mass. I have long wanted to visit it, I enjoyed cathedraling almost as much as castling when I lived in Scotland. Mainly because old things impress me, and Scotland is blessed with a wealth of old things... Castles.... Cathedrals....

Anyway, here a just a few shots to show the flavor of the building. Sigma 10-20

Gargoyles. I LOVE gargoyles, I love just saying the name. Try it, let it roll around on your tongue, and savor the syllables. It's just cool man! Cosmicar 70-200.

Sigma 10-20

Pools of light cast by the stained glass illuminate the altar and flowers lending an ethereal glow to the marble. Sigma 17-70

Sigma 17-70

Sigma 17-70
The symmetry of the paintings on the buttresses and their shape excite me, it truly is a beautiful sight. Sigma 17-70

Cosmicar 70-200


1 comment:

Frieda Loves Bread said...

Nice shots...I have tried to take photos while laying on the ground/floor while trying to ignore strange looks. But you get an unique perspective that would not otherwise be seen~