I'm now selling my photos!!!

I now host galleries of my favorite photos @ www.lloydshell.zenfolio.com Feel free to surf over there to see photo's that may have drifted into the darkest reaches of the archives here on Blogspot.

I also have begun selling my photographs when requested, I can handle most sizes and finishes either locally or via my on-line printing service.

Thanks for looking!

Lloyd
lloydshell@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Browning-Kimball Classic Car Museum

So after bidding adieu to the trains, I headed inside to find A/C and some other fun stuff. Like Cars. There are just a few of these classic cars in the museum, but they are kind of fun to see, you can get quite close and they are well preserved. The main problem with photographing this exhibit is the lighting. It is quite dim and I had opted to NOT take my tripod.... sigh.... will I never learn! So I pulled out my two fastest lenses (135mm f2.5, and 50mm f1.4) pumped up the ISO and tried to be real still. I didn't get as many shots as I would have liked, I will need to go back one day with a tripod and try it again.

Anyway, these are my best shots, you will notice a similarity in that I really don't try to show the whole car, but more details of the car, Hood Ornaments the most. I REALLY wish they still did those kind of touches. Beautiful beasties, nothing like a classic hood ornament to really demonstrate some style. All taken with Pentax K-50 f1.4

Not quite a self portrait, but again the shape and distortion drew me in.

Pity the poor bug that gets in this guys way!

Ah...... they just don't make them the way they used to... Can you imagine this lasting long parked on the main drag in town?


Is that a gunsight or a radiator cap?





No comments: