I'm now selling my photos!!!

I now host galleries of my favorite photos @ www.lloydshell.zenfolio.com Feel free to surf over there to see photo's that may have drifted into the darkest reaches of the archives here on Blogspot.

I also have begun selling my photographs when requested, I can handle most sizes and finishes either locally or via my on-line printing service.

Thanks for looking!

Lloyd
lloydshell@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 3 Shakespeare Arch Trail

Travelling back to Kodachrome Basin proper, we quickly inspected our campsite for the night then headed out to Shakespeare Arch, with the clouds lifting our spirits improved and the beauty of the deep red rock shone bright around us.

One of the most notable features of the Kodachrome area are the petrified geysers that are everywhere. Apparently at some point in the past this area was much like Yellowstone NP is now. EVERYWHERE you look you see these stone spires thrusting up into the sky.

As we headed out around the area of Shakespeare Arch, we could see our impending doom coming in from the area of Bryce Canyon NP.

The arch itself was quite beautiful, and impressive, though not nearly so large as many spans in Arches NP by Moab, UT


As the storm caught up with us we began to run the last 1/4 to 1/2 mile I came over a ridge and saw this rocky upthrust with a partial beam of light on it glowing ahead, miraculously the light held long enough for me to get my camera out and take this shot. Amazingly considering the cold hail coming down and my shaking from running this shot turned out quite nicely to my eye. Thank heavens for Built in Shake Reduction, and thank Pentax too!


No comments: