I'm now selling my photos!!!

I now host galleries of my favorite photos @ www.lloydshell.zenfolio.com Feel free to surf over there to see photo's that may have drifted into the darkest reaches of the archives here on Blogspot.

I also have begun selling my photographs when requested, I can handle most sizes and finishes either locally or via my on-line printing service.

Thanks for looking!

Lloyd
lloydshell@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Goblin Valley

After leaving Little Wild Horse Canyon, we headed back East to Goblin Valley, a very short drive. The sky remained that impossible blue during our time there. Goblin is a special place for me. I had hoped to do some nightime, long exposure, really crazy stuff, but that was foiled by our not finding a campsite inside the park. Really should have remembered it was the week before Easter. sigh.....

Anyway, here is the road coming back from LWH, I found that I kept wanting to keep a lot of sky in my pictures, it was so impossibly blue with perfect puffy white clouds. I still get a really cool feeling when I think about it.

Goblin is full of impossibly twisted and sculpted rocks, some by themselves and others in groups. This hoodoo as they are called by some is a favorite of mine.

This is more of a general biew of the East end of the valley just to give you an idea of the scope of the place.

This fin sticking out reminded me of a dolphin. So I named him "Flipper"

This Butte shows the rock layer above the mudstone of the valley. I love the contrast between the red and the Grey.

I don't remember this many sticky outy rocks before, the park seems to be always changing, every time I visit I see new things.

Photographically, there are so many textures to be found in this landscape, and the colors just make me a little giddy to see.
I love the starkness of this shot, the sere, dry, stone with the rich blue behind it. It really looks like this. Honest!

1 comment:

Frieda Loves Bread said...

This place is also a fav of mine...just like the clouds, you will find many different shapes and sizes and let your imagination run wild...thanks for sharing; you did a great job!