I'm now selling my photos!!!

I now host galleries of my favorite photos @ www.lloydshell.zenfolio.com Feel free to surf over there to see photo's that may have drifted into the darkest reaches of the archives here on Blogspot.

I also have begun selling my photographs when requested, I can handle most sizes and finishes either locally or via my on-line printing service.

Thanks for looking!

Lloyd
lloydshell@gmail.com

Friday, August 23, 2013

Draper Days

 What the heck are Draper Days you may ask, it is the annual celebration of the town I grew up in, home to a pretty decent parade, car show, buncha booths, and evening entertainment with fireworks. I always go if I can, and enjoy the small town feel. I enjoyed the car show this year. I took only my older body (K200D) and an old Manual Focus 24mm f2.8 lens. the combo works for me for most purposes.

Cool old ambulance from the parade. They just don't make them like they used to!


Wide open @ f2.8 I was able to nail the focus on the birds head, the bright points in the background are not perfectly shaped but I don't really care, the rendering is really quite interesting to me.



To me the detailing of the older cars really is just fun. The chrome, shapes & patterns are just cool.


This shot has grown on me since I took it, no car is more American than a Cadillac!


This truck was so similar to my Dad's old truck I HAD to take a photo. Lots of memories made in that truck.


This is the only shot not taken with my K200D/24mm combo, took this with my K5 and DFA 100 Macro and Metz Flash, it is a 10 stripe June Bug that was stuck on it's back. Not my favorite subject but definitely one I hope to shoot more when I have the time. Macro is just interesting!


No comments: