I'm now selling my photos!!!

I now host galleries of my favorite photos @ www.lloydshell.zenfolio.com Feel free to surf over there to see photo's that may have drifted into the darkest reaches of the archives here on Blogspot.

I also have begun selling my photographs when requested, I can handle most sizes and finishes either locally or via my on-line printing service.

Thanks for looking!

Lloyd
lloydshell@gmail.com

Sunday, March 13, 2011

A good day...

Friday was a good day. I got to play on my way home from work, and then again after dinner. AWESOMENESS!!!!

One of the frustrations of being a landscape photographer is that you cannot schedule the light/sunset/clouds etc... you simply have to have places in mind that you would like to capture and simply be ready to drop what you are doing, grab your camera and run when the time is right. Oh, and be lucky. I wasn't so lucky with the sunset, the expected color really didn't come, but I still tried to get the best captures I could get. Here they are in reverse order.

As is my usual wont when photographing Temples this is a HDR, 6 shots in 1 stop increments from +3 to -2. I knew the color was not there and planned this as a B&W from the start. I think I captured the feeling/mood I wanted, but I think my focus was just slightly off. Still like it though.

This was earlier as I was getting set up and waiting for the sun to go down. I really thought it would be a throwaway shot, taken to check my composition, however it grew on me a bit. It is not sepia toned, that is the color as captured at that time of night.

This is the earliest shot, It is an homage to an online friend named Phil Zucker, who likes to do multiple shot self portraits like this. My first try, learned a lot, don't be surprised if you see more of these!


2 comments:

LaRee Brownell said...

This is excellent. I like the positioning and poses and your attire is perfect too.

dawnalee said...

Awww! similar to what I have planned when I take S & R on a shoot.