I'm now selling my photos!!!

I now host galleries of my favorite photos @ www.lloydshell.zenfolio.com Feel free to surf over there to see photo's that may have drifted into the darkest reaches of the archives here on Blogspot.

I also have begun selling my photographs when requested, I can handle most sizes and finishes either locally or via my on-line printing service.

Thanks for looking!

Lloyd
lloydshell@gmail.com

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, LET IT SNOW!!!!

Taking pictures during or shortly after snowfall can be very, very, very cold. Also VERY rewarding. I have had a LOT of positive comments on these shots especially #3 & #4. 

The difficulty lies, as most photographic problems do, with exposure. I tend to solve this with HDR, which also brings a whole host of other issues, not the least of which is getting the correct white balance. The other is reflecting light off crystals still in the sky. I like a nice dark sky, but you don't get that in this type of situation...

This shot made me crazy because there was a UPS truck parked, lights flashing FOREVER, had to go back the next morning (see that shot later) and re-shoot.



This took some pretty "Out There" settings in Photomatix, but it looks good on screen and even better on paper!



I consider this in need of Re-Do, but lack the time to really get after it, And I'm not sure if it is worth it. Especially in light of the next photo that I did the next morning. Still may try it and see what I can do... in my copious spare time!


This was a bugger but I like it. I had to do two different versions of this in Photomatix, with two different white balance settings then blend them together. Big pain in the butt. But it worked beautifully!


No comments: