I'm now selling my photos!!!

I now host galleries of my favorite photos @ www.lloydshell.zenfolio.com Feel free to surf over there to see photo's that may have drifted into the darkest reaches of the archives here on Blogspot.

I also have begun selling my photographs when requested, I can handle most sizes and finishes either locally or via my on-line printing service.

Thanks for looking!

Lloyd
lloydshell@gmail.com

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Shooting Temples, My Favorite Pastime!

Greetings! Been awhile, hasn't it? Sorry for those of you who come regularly, I will be trying to catch up on the last two months. It has been a busy summer. Trip to Oregon, and a trip to Texas, a BIG engagement photo shoot, and wedding invitation design session. Lots of good things going on.

So... June... I spent a few evenings checking out new vantage points I have not tried yet. I think I am getting somewhere. I need to wait for the right sky for this angle, but it just may be worth the trips and wait.

This is a HDR, the sky was just too bright. I ended up emphasizing the different colors of lights due to the increase in saturation that comes from HDR. Nee to re-visit this at some point and try for something a little more unique.


The weekend of the super moon was a busy one, I again went to shoot the temple for yet another new angle. I wish the moon had been higher.


The overall appearance of this shot appealed to me for several reasons. One, it demonstrates the capabilities of a newer lens (K200mm f2.5), and it is just simply gorgeous! Yeah, I'm biased.


There is a type of temple photo that is quite popular, the sepia toned, fake aged/scratched negative plug-in that takes a mediocre shot and makes everybody buy it. If you haven't seen it don't bother looking, they are really not all that good to my mind. This is as close as I will come to that. A lot of processing went into this shot, at least for me. Desaturation, and low opacity layer with a cloud rendering, vignetting. I like the result, a lot actually, it is soft and contemplative. Just not quite like my usual shots.


Slightly shifted vantage point,  more of my usual HDR processing. Really love the colors on the mountains behind and the delicate sky. On canvas it would be perfect!!!


Shot long enough for airplanes to go by and the clouds to move. I like this one the least, which means that I would probably sell more of it than any other!!!


No comments: